(makes me sound like a piece of candy, hehe) so...
I went to World Market the other day. It is a dangerous thing for me, rows of individually sold kitchen and home goodies at sometimes reasonable prices (or at least they seem that way sold one at a time). I found a few small things that B and I can't live without. We have decided this year that we just still can't afford to buy presents and unfortunately we have a hard time sticking to that reality...so just a couple small things, right?!!
Well, when we got home I found that shopping (even a little) resulted in a militia of shopping bags. Usually I would fold the ones I would reuse and recycle the ones I would not. As I stood looking down at the huge mess of paper and funky printed plastic World Market bags, an idea occurred to me. I ended up wrapping up a couple gifts with the bags from my excursion. The white paper that had been wrapped around the few breakables we purchased provided the perfect paper for a small book and the plastic bag with its paisley print in brown cut out to be the perfect detail to wrap around the center. I wrote a small note on the outside of the parcel and delivered it to my friends house.
I feel liberated! Wow--what a great idea, I just found a new tradition. The package was very elegant, quite lovely in fact, and I've never felt more responcible!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment