Monday, March 31, 2008

Sneak Peak!

Two years later...we are finally finishing. Spent Saturday in Huntley Illinois, outside of Chicago finishing up on a design I started with this family when they first built the home more than two years ago. I took part in every element and the challenges were:
  • to reuse as much of their stuff as we could
  • to pull their existing stuff together through color and compisition
  • to create all the spaces/stations they need to maintain their entertainment and hobbies
Here is a sneak peak at the finished spaces, taken with s 2 mega pixel camera, a dirty lense (using their camera), and poor lighting, so bare with me.


Upstairs...and there is so much more!!!



Basement (guest) bathroom

From an unfinished basement to my favorite space in the house. We took a lot of the old and made an amazing bathroom! I am very proud o f this space and wish the photos did the wonderful bathroom justice!

The Boys (grandson's) "Cabin" Room, and the Girls (guest) "Cabin" Room

Remember, we were usually stuff they already had and I would leave them with lists of things to add. The placement of furniture photos, etc, I did on my many visits.

The Loom Room, Library and Music Library
(this space started out with completely no walls, unfinished floors, ceilings, etc. Just a basic unfinished basement) I did the floor plan and organized the break-up of the space and it's functions. I wish the photos were better!





5 comments:

Lisa said...

you can tell, the upstairs photos obviously have better light!

Ashlee said...

Lisa! It looks amazing. I had to show the designers here at work the library because it is just incredible. They all loved the place! You should be very very proud!!! Love you!

Laura said...

Oh I love the orange room. Please tell me the name of that paint color. Yummy!

Laura

Laura said...

That is the orange in the 5th photo down.

Oh that vanity in the bathroom...wow! That is wonderful!

-L

Unknown said...

I love it! Lisa, you did a great job on the space. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. Love the use of old things, especially in the basement. You can tell that people who DO things live in that space.

Blog Archive