Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Internal Investigation--RAW

OK, so before I go completely over board on my researching--googling--curiosity driven, instinct driving, and simply interesting searches, I thought I would take a break and collect my thoughts on my most recent Internet adventure.

I have always been fascinated with the various classifications of eaters. There are of course the basics, Carnivores and Herbivores; but as human history has progressed and evolved the branches of our eating habits have followed suit. I can genuinely respect the Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw food eaters that habitate the planet and find their food preferences just as tasty as the next person. I am not quite at a point in my life where I am eager to give up eating meat. I have drastically reduced the quantities of processed meats and most definitely ground meats tend to disgust me...but I have a serious fascination with various vegetarian and vegan diets.

This first diagram is pretty interesting. It discusses the different combinations of raw foods and how they can be paired. I would imagine the body would have to do a lot of adjusting internally to accommodate such a powerhouse of produce--but just to see the complexities of this practice I can't help but think--there is something to be learned from this process for those of us who still include other foods, and even cooked produce into our diets.
As I think of RAW diets, my mouth waters. I have a habit of sneaking pieces of raw potato's from the kitchen as they are being sliced to boil, munching raw vegetables is always a treat, and of course most fruits are served in their natural state. I have a dear affinity for the taste of plants and fruits raw and dirty--haha! And while I will continue to just attempt to maintain a "healthy" diet, I relish in the clean, clear, healthy feeling I get out of eating food uncooked and whole!

Raw Lasagna--now tell me that doesn't look lovely?!!!!
This has to be the coolest diagram of the food triangle. I am happy to say my diet certainly lies in the Vegetable/produce and Rice, noodles, and other whole grains categories. I eat very few sweets, very little poultry and meat, and even fewer oils and minerals. The biggest improvement this diagram suggests I could make would be to eat more fish or essential omega oils that you obtain from fish and other sea life. Which brings me to my final mouth-watering photo! Ah...I love love love sushi, sashimi...I miss Japan!
I hope you enjoy these fascinating and lovely photos as much as I did...is your mouth watering yet?

No comments:

Blog Archive