I want it be down-to-earth, giving a sense of my taste for simple things, for example, my favorite thing in the world is the stationary wall at Blick Art supply. It is a million different sized papers and envelopes in a bunch of different colors, so you can mix and match. In the end, I always end up buying a small brown envelope like the one above and have a strong urge to wrap my Christmas presents in brown postal paper.
For the background I found a chandelier I loved and turned it into the motif you see, adding some color and saturation. Throughout the portfolio I will be presenting four projects and one miscellaneous section. I am going to use this background as a transition page for the start of each project (adjusting the color of the motif to suit the project), the subsequent pages of that project will have corrugated card-board as the background. Class, sass, and simplicity. The little envelope with the papers spilling out will repeat itself (in a smaller format) for any comments or notes to the projects.
I will likely include about 20 pages as well as a disc of the electronic version for them to keep (after viewing the paper version) and a generic business card in the back.The size of the portolio will be 8" x 8" with the images bleeding off the edges and a metal ring binding across the top.
What do you think? Feedback, suggests, compliments, anything--I'm so nervous, but feel like I am finally figuring it out. Ultimately I want to suggest my abilities but leave them wanting more!

1 comment:
I think it looks great.
Post a Comment