Friday, June 13, 2008

Life or something like it.

I'm sitting on my good friend Andrea's computer in her lofty apartment in the heart of Dallas Texas. The flight, a short hour-and-a-half jaunt from Kansas City was filled with good reads, good peanuts, and good company in the form a sexy and stylish Texas gentlemen. It was an agreeable way to begin the trip and the start to a much needed vacation from reality.

Reality has become such a an insane word in my vernacular. I have to say the last six years (since High School) have been far from what I've expected. Right when I am not sure of the next step or even doubting the steps I've taken thus far, I find myself sitting in this cozy domain feeling like the luckiest person in the world. Such amazing friends I am blessed to have. Life is truly an inspiration; perhaps an unstable, unpredictable inspiration--but an inspiration none-the-less.

This week I applied for a house (to rent) in Mid-town (KCK) with my best friend from High School--Jeny. She is amazingly dedicated to her career as a hair stylist (artist) and always proves a great inspiration to me. The little house is craftsmen style, right in the heart of the action, connected to Westport and the plaza and the house itself is full of charm, light, and hardwood floors--this is truly going to be a journey for me. BAck to more urban, single living, and what feels like a journey home.

What am I looking forward to?...working in my field, continuing my work in the service/restaurant industry (did I mention I'm having a blast at that), dating (not relationship-ping--but rather "DATING"), and focusing on me. Yoga, good food, good drinks, frugal and crafty living, and rebuilding a new attitude toward life.

After a quick post of how and where I am, I am left with one final thought--It's OK! Wherever you are, yesterday is what it is, the next step will fall where you place your foot--no one else can take that step for you, and sometimes you'll do so on unsteady ground--as long as you are moving forward--balance and sure-footing will come, as it surely will for me.

Lots of love. Back to cyber space, and hopefully a final reuion to come. (Living without the internet has been dreadful).

My favorite things right now:
  • Yoga
  • Reading
  • lying in the sun
  • creating spaces
  • playing with my birds
  • making friends

1 comment:

Laura said...

This a great post. I am so happy that you are doing well. What an exciting time for you :)

Laura

Blog Archive