Saturday, July 19, 2008

Going GREEN from Lisa

Here is a Green tag from none other than myself this week. For those that live in Lawrence hopefully you have already heard--but in general, I am only a messenger.

On August 2, 2008 in South Park--Lawrence Kansas, The Little Green Festival is taking place from 10A.M. - 6P.M. It is celebrating such ideas as Green-tech including sustainable architecture, straw bale, solar hot water heaters, solar panels, and veggie cars (come-on now if that doesn't sound interesting), eco-lifestyle including Green cleaning, sustainable furniture, and pesticide free gardening, various artists will be performing, and ideas for having GREEN lifestyle for your pets--the Humane Society will even be there to adopt out and gain support for their furry rescues. Various speaks will discuss such things as permaculture and buying local, and food will be available from a couple favorites of mine: Local Burger and Ingredient. Finally--they are raffling off a Vespa!!! I recommend checking it out or if you feel really ambitious going to their website to Volunteer.

I'll be there! I hope to see you at the Park!

No comments:

Blog Archive