Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy NEW Year!

Nouvelle Vie, Nouvelle Heure! I love the New Year.

Don't get me wrong, some days I wish I were still studying Art Nouveau, reading Architectural history books, and spending my grocery money on exacto blades or foam-core boards.

Then I think, not really--eating is nice.

What I really miss, most of all...

was all the "homework wine" I consumed using the said purchased "blades" and preparing the "boards."

Wine, it just hasn't tasted the same since! Of course, that could be the homework, or the accompanied friend.?! it has been nearly three years since we (2006 crowd) graduated college and strangely, we're no less confused.

Art Nouveau, Art Deco, it is all still beautiful, but now I have fewer thumb tacks in my walls and more room for cleaning.

Here's a toast to being a bit crazy in 2009! Maybe forgiving ourselves of our faults every once-in-awhile! Happy New Year to all friends, young, old, and furry.

No comments:

Blog Archive