I am not a gambler. I'll start by saying that. Money is precious to me and has consistently been something of a scarcity. I'm also horribly practical about things. It was something my Mother teased me about growing up. So gambling...just doesn't do it for me.
But every day while driving I-35 south a huge sign hangs above the freeway showing the growing Power ball fortune. For me it gives me something to dream about for the next 20 minutes to work each day. So with much enthusiasm and with only a little hope I purchased five tickets for the 105 million dollar jackpot. I dreamt all night...oh the organizations I could work with, the off-the-grid home I could build in Oregon, all the problems my family has over financial things (and there are lots)....gone. If I won I could actually travel for a year with a camera and a back-pack....oh the camera I could buy...not to mention the luxury of not worrying month to month how I'm going to make it all happen and sigh over the debt that I'm still not taking care of.
I didn't win. I had two numbers on one of them...but it was fun to win the lottery while it lasted.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment