Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Life

The Renaissance Festival this past weekend was a blast.  I was able to see my friends out there (our once-a-year catch-up) and camped out at the campground eating good food, playing music, and genuinely enjoying the moment. 

I had a bit of a revelation and perhaps awareness is the ticket to peace--so here goes.  I am finding that I fit in everywhere so I don't feel like I belong any one place.  I feel a need to be nomadic.  Part of the lifestyle would require better communication with friends and family via email, phone, and snail-mail--but I'm desperately working on that.  By this time next year I will hopefully have a better idea of the next move. 

In general I am feeling more at peace with myself and with life.  I am missing Yoga--it is the one thing I am really lagging on after getting moved to KC, but part has to do with my finally dealing with some debts, so the funds just aren't there.  Currently I'm working the Ren-Fest on the weekends, serving at the restaurant during the week and finally trying to jump start my interior design business.  This mad-onset-work-ethic has been very good for me emotionally, I am making it over some major humps that were three plus years in the making and dare I say a whole lifetime in the making.

On another note, went off roading yesterday during a rainstorm on I-70 and had to go to work soaked through.  Today I woke up sick...after being sent home from work I'm just getting worse...No phenomia here--I'm staying in bed until Friday!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Feel better kiddo.

-L

Ashlee said...

I believe that you do have that nomadic nature. So someday when you set out on travels. You make sure you come and have a cup of coffee out west with me! I am glad to see you are really seeing yourself the way all of us do. I miss you and love you!!!

ps. lets schedule a phone date, k?

Blog Archive