I am having such a wonderful time at the Renaissance Festival this year. It is like a music festival that you go to annually--some years it is just ok, other years it is magical. The last time I remember having such a great time was five years ago at faire and there are definitely some common components...I'm just genuinely enjoying myself and the freedom this year seems to bring my consciousness. I feel happy and clear-minded and perfectly grateful for the abundance of friendship that I have in my life. All is grand! The next two photos were sent to me via email by the amazing face painter who works next to my booth at the festival. Her name is Vivien and I have known her for five or six years now. IT is always a pleasure to start the day with her friendly face and all the pleasantries that having a neighbor like her brings. She took these photos in the morning before cannon when I was setting things up. Elvis was marching around the booth munching on food and chatting to those passing by. Sometimes I just have to stop and enjoy my amazing little bird--but rarely is that a moment captured for me to see later. I was so surprised and excited to get these photos. I love my little bird and couldn't imagine my life without her.

Here is some randomness...Above is a picture of me and my current roommate Jeny. We were at dinner with her parents in this photo and while it is a bit old...(a few months)...I love it! We've been friends for some time now...so nice. Below, three of my handsome (and very large) nephews. Chandler to my left is a jr in HS, Calloway in the back is a freshman, and Corban is an eight grader. They are mature, considerate, handsome, smart, loving, amazing gentlemen and I am so blessed to have them as my family. All these boys...what's a girl to do but feel special!
Otherwise, lots of working. Not sick any more--wahoo! I'm in a very good mood these days, but am seeing how my lack of exercise is catching up to me...at least one of my jobs cinches me in at the waist, but I really need to high-tail it to a regular exercising plan. Laura--you are my inspiration.
The joys of the week:
- held a three month old until she fell asleep
- had an amazing color consult with a (potential) new client
- had a friend visit me at work (which is always a highlight)
- watched Cinderella
- finally set up the universal remote--so we can use the DVD player (thank goodness for netflix)
- bought BEAUTIFUL upholstery fabric (on sale--%80 off) and reupholstered three chairs
- ate lobster-tail
- dyed my curtains (Green) more fabric dying to come...
- received candy and balloons at work for my help at the Topeka restaurant
- got invited to a chiefs game
- and...I get to spend the weekend at the Ren Fest with Nephew Jack.
Again..life is grand. Thank you Ashlee for noticing my on-set of personal contentment! Smooches to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment